- Al-Anon Family Groups – How Can I Help problem drinker quit drinking? – How do I find a meeting – How does Al-Anon work? – Meetings – Literature – Media – Events…
- Kaleidoscope, The — see website for date, times & locations: The primary goal of our initiative is to provide a safe, stigma-free environment for individuals living with mental illness in and around the UBC community.
- Living Room: Mental Health Support Group – People who have experienced depression, anxiety, bipolar disorder and schizophrenia are welcome to come to this group. It will meet every 2nd and 4th Friday of the month NEW! 05/16
- Lower Mainland Grief Recovery Society – Our programs are designed for those who have suffered the death of a significant person by helping them understand, cope and live with their loss.
- Mindful Communication, Healthy Relationship – This is a group centered around the practice of mindful and intentional communication skills. In a confidential and supportive group environment, you’ll have the opportunity to learn and practice skills that will help you to resolve conflicts with more ease, to begin to hear the needs of others with less struggle, and to express what you want more effectively.
- Mindful Eating with Holistic Nutrition Advice – Ms. Sarah Sinray: Counselor – BSc. MApplSc – Emotional eating & other eating habits will be explored. Self-compassion strategies taught. Mindfulness taught with the object of mindfulness being eating. Individualized Holistic Nutrition advice. Each participants receives 20-30 minute sessions with a Holistic Nutritionist to have advice tailored to their needs and dietary habits/current lifestyle choice. The workshop is designed to facilitate the maintenance of dietary goals
- .Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction, MBSR – MBSR, is an internationally recognized and extensively researched program for stress reduction founded by Dr. Jon Kabat-Zinni. The programs I offer are modelled on UMMS Stress Reduction Clinic and Centre for Mindfulness [CFM] under the direction of Dr. Saki Santorell. MBSR has been shown to help people live with greater balance and self-esteem. Recognized as an excellent way to reduce stress, it offers mindfulness practices as a way for people to develop greater self-awareness and self-compassion. I offer an orientation, and the program has 8 weekly and 1-day-long session. Cost: $50-$80
- Servants of Hope Society, The – is a faith based men’s recovery house located on the east side of Vancouver. Providing safe, supportive, recovery-based housing. To lead by example of how giving back to the community support our recovery.
- Yoga and Mindfulness for Anxiety and Stress – Restorative, gentle yoga poses designed to settle the nervous system and soothe anxious mind and body. Mindfulness principles taught with in-between session tasks building upon one another from week to week. Group discussion after the yoga and short meditation practice. Principles and strategies from mindfulness-based psychotherapies presented. – Anxiety or Fears – $20-$30
Classes & Events
Spirituality & Mental Health
Spiritual Art, Entertainment & Literature
Mental Health Information